|NOTIFICATIONS / NAVIGATION / ALERTS|
There are several ways how you get notified about a posted comment in watched thread.
- E-mail notification. You will get an email notification for the first unseen comment for each reply. A link in the email will bring you straight to the comment.
So, let's say person A, B, C is watching a thread.
A posts a comment under a reply in the thread.
B and C gets notification about that comment.
A and B starts conversation under that reply and create 20 comments.
C will not get any other email alert, except for the first one. Once C visits that thread, only after that he will be notified again if first unseen comment is made again under that reply.
- Only one comment email notification per thread. By checking this option in user's preferences, a user will receive only one email notification for the first unread comment in the whole thread.
- New features regarding comments notifications. Receive a notification when someone…
- Comments on your posts in a watched thread
- Alert pop-up window. A link in the alert pop-up window will bring you straight to the comment.
- Notification in Forums Main category. Normally when a reply is posted, the thread links in the forum are bold informing you that those threads contain unread posts. So the same applies for comments as well. When a comment is posted in a watched thread, the tread link will bump to the top and become bold informing you that you have an unread post. And clicking the bold link or the "time" link, will bring you straight to the comment.
- Notification in "What's new". The same way as you get informed about replies, you will get also informed about comments in "What's new" section. When a comment is posted in a watched thread, the tread link will bump to the top and become bold informing you that you have an unread post. And clicking the bold link or the "time" link, will bring you straight to the comment.
- Notification in "New posts". After posting a comment, you will be informed also in "New posts" section.
- Latest activity. Comments appear in "Latest activity" section as well. A comment link there, will bring you straight to the comment.
- Comments also included in user's profile under "Postings"
- Behaviour of a notifications once the a comment is deleted and then undeleted.
Otherwise if the thread's last activity is greater than this comments' date then it will not make any change to thread's state.
- A "New" post indicator for comments. Regular feature for a reply works also for a comment to help with the notification.
- Option in the admin area to count also comments to the total message count. By default unchecked. This option will include also the forum comments under replies in the total messages count. And also the user's total message count will be updated.
NOTE Comments (the same way as profile comments, media comments) by default don't count to the total message count. However, if you want them to count, there is an option in the admin area to allow it: "Count forum comments towards the total messages count.".